Site Player

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Best Finds of 2011 - #2 - CHLLNGR - "Change"

I've thought about how best to introduce this song, and our passion for it, for a long time, and have concluded that quoting an inside negotiation where I pushed for this song to be #1 after we agreed it was #2 would be best.
Wanna rejig our Top 10?  We could slot it (current #1) lower and move everything up one. I think it would be so cool if "Change" won #1 ... especially considering how under-represented he is, and especially considering how awesome the (sci-fi) video is.  And him live!!!
Unfortunately, as the chat session below reveals, the standings remained:
Regan: CHLLNGR! What say you? 
Marc‬: On one hand I don't want to f#¢k with our countdown just because the hype has turned on _____. On the other hand, CHLNGR is f#¢king awesome.

Regan: Yeah ... but maybe we got hyped and haven't had the time to realize it.  I'm all for a bump down. Listening to "Change" now ... so f#¢king awesome

Marc‬: WHAT??? No way!

Regan: waaaaaaay better than _________

Marc‬: _________ remains my song do the year.  ___ cut an amazing single. It doesn't matter if the other songs suck. That song is amazing. Better give it another listen
And with another listen, I was persuaded to let our original picks stand, with CHLLNGR living up to its artistic name by almost ousting #1 at the last minute.

Picture beaches, good times, piƱa colada's, and what more can I say. We are so proud to showcase this indie rock/reggae wizard at #2. Here it is: Change!