Site Player

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Best Finds of 2011 - #9 - Family of the Year - "Feel Good Track of Rosemead"

Family of the Year are a band from Boston, who formed with frontman Joe keefe (vocals, guitar), brother Sebastian Keefe (drums, vocals), Buckey (guitar, vocals), and Christina Schroeter (keyboards, vocals). They've released a couple of EPs on their own Washashore Records label, and are prepping their second full length release for early 2012.

This song captures kind of a universal tension between the sexes of "I just wanna party all the time/I just wanna get stuff done". Growing up and settling down is hard to do. When I heard this song it immediately reminded me of Regan, and emailed it to him. I was pumped that it made Summer Guide 11. I don't think in particular it speaks to anything about Regan, but he's been a strong advocate for the differences between men and women for a long time.

Feel Good Track Of Rosemead by Family of the Year