Site Player

Friday, January 27, 2012

Best Finds of 2011 - #7 - Noah and the Whale - "L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N."

Noah and the Whale may have been the best new artist/band I came across in 2011, with seemingly no end to his catchy tunes and sing-along lyrics.

It's not often that you find artists consistently good like this (example), and my prediction is they'll be the next indie rock poster band. 

In 2011, L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. found me at a time when I wanted to escape from the weekly grind, and escape many nights I did to a wonderful pub full of characters like Lisa:
Lisa likes brandy and the way it hits her lips,
She's a rock 'n' roll survivor with pendulum hips,
She's got deep brown eyes,
That've seen it all.
Inevitably, I came to think of this song as their anthem. The good-timer's anthem. 

And while it was fun visiting their church on many occassions, I concluded that I don't want the end of my line to to be like theirs:
On my last night on earth,
I'll pay a high price,
To have no regrets, and be done with my life