Site Player

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Best Finds of 2011 - #30 - Grand Analog - "I Play My Kazoo"

We're excited to present the 30 Best Tracks that we loved in 2011!

My family still teases me about my religious/psychotic dedication to the Top 100 countdowns from my youth. I would always stay up until midnight on New Years Eve to get to hear the #1 song. I was inevitably disappointed, as my tastes didn't usually intersect with mainstream radio very often (630 CHED, in Edmonton). In 1988, Def Leppard scored three hits in the Top Ten, including #1 and #2 (Pour Some Sugar on Me, and Love Bites), and I almost packed it in for countdowns I was so pissed off. Nevertheless, I would trek to the Red Rooster to get the poster of the Top 100 and they were prized possessions.

Anyways, times don't change that much. Except with the collaboration of my collaborator we completed a very mathematical analysis of our favorite songs of the year, which we'll be posting daily for the month of January, so keep coming back!

Starting at #30 is Toronto hip-hop crossovers Grand Analog with "I Play My Kazoo". This tune wasn't released in 2011, but it really caught my ear this year. I hope these guys continue to make great tunes and find greater success in 2012.