Site Player

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Random Songs That Remind Me of Christmas #2: Crosby Stills Nash ~ "Sweet Judy Blue Eyes"

Right before I went home for Christmas during my first year of university, I "discovered" Crosby, Stills, Nash (and Young). When I returned, I dug up their old records in my parents' dusty collection and made a bunch of mix-tapes. This song, with it's multiple sub-songs and smooth transitions, stood out then, and it still does.

More to the point, after living through my first fall/winter on the coast (i.e. without buckets of snow and blistering cold that would freeze your hair and eye-lashes if you raced out of the house too quick after showering), this song reminds me of coming home at Christmas time, and driving on cold, wintery Alberta roads in my friends' rusty beaters, listening to oldies on AM radio, and talking about our Christmas party plans as well as life plans and dreams and goals.