Site Player

Thursday, November 24, 2011

John Lennon ~ "Oh Yoko"

I was listening to an indie rock mix and a band named "Oh No! Yoko" came on. The song was pretty good. Good enough to avoid my (unfortunately usual) instant delete, and good enough for me to check out the name of the band and note that the song's name was "Coryza." I also learned they're from Abbotsford, BC ... just down the highway from me.

Which led me to imagine the backstory to the bands name, and how it had to be influenced by one of my favorite John Lennon songs, "Oh Yoko."



And then I started thinking about Top 5's, and whether or not "Oh Yoko" would make my Lennon (including Beatles) Top 5. And I think it does. 

So here are my John Lennon Top 5.
5. Oh Yoko
4. Revolution
3. In My Life
2. All You Need Is Love
1. Imagine
 * "A Day in the Life" is excluded because it's a half-McCartney song.

Post yours in the comments below.