Site Player

Friday, November 4, 2011

Avett Brothers ~ "January Wedding"

So it's been said in my circles that Bob Dylan said (like 76 degrees of separation) that these guys are the best sound he's heard in over 20 years. I must admit, and to the shock of my friends, I'm too busy these days to even remember who the bands/artists of songs I put on to mixes are. Shameful, yes, but a reality of a busy life.

Anyway, these guys have been forcing their way onto my conscious radar – amidst the hundreds of indie / alt country bands I have going on my play list – and I was nothing but impressed.

It was also great to learn that they made the Grammies for something – I'm all for good sounds making mainstream, you will not find me supporting a "keep them hidden" attitude. If artists are good, they should be heard, and they should be rewarded.

So here's one of my favourite songs of the Avett Brothers, this video being shown to me by my brother-in-law Ben, who just recently ripped out his 10-year old stereo system (pic above) in hopes of a brighter stereo future.