Site Player

Monday, November 21, 2011

Arcade Fire - "Ocean of Noise"

I could easily do a blog just about Arcade Fire. The shades and complexities to their music, slightly discordant, but harmoniously so. The lyrics. The amazing sounds they engineer with different instruments and apparatus. The energy they generate when on stage.

At night, I've been dancing with my 1-year-old daughter to this song lately, and when it ends, I just hum the last two progressions over and over.

The lyrics:
I'm gonna work it out
Cause time wont work it out
I'm gonna work it out
Cause time wont work it our for you
I'm gonna work it on out

And the epic choral part that the song ends to.

The two really are like a song within itself.

But isn't that like so many Arcade Fire songs: two or three songs wrapped into one. Enjoy.